We were served a full course, sit down meal.
It began with a cup of Italian wedding soup. I didn't know the point value then and I haven't looked it up since. The salad was not a problem. I skipped the pasta entree and was away from the table when the main course was served. My husband put a piece of chicken and green beans on my plate for me. I skipped the potatoes and rolls. Dessert was ice cream with a full array of toppings. I had plain vanilla which may or may not have been a choice before WW anyway. Somewhere along the road to reaching this age I stopped liking sprinkles or other crushed candy toppings. I didn't get far enough down the topping bar to see if they had hot fudge or caramel. Somethings are better left unknown.
All in all, I don't think I did badly with point values of foods but I did have two scotch and waters, which could have totaled 6-10 points depending on the proof and how generous the bartender was with her pouring.
My attitude was good this morning. If Friday's indulgence slowed this morning's progress, there would be nothing I could do now to erase it and Friday was a lovely evening for reasons besides food. Today's result was that I am down another 1.7 pounds for a total of 12.1.
I'm not doing everything that I should be doing. Not yet. I am not exercising yet. I am not giving up 2% milk for skim and that may not change. I don't plan to ever work for Weight Watchers, so as much as I am liking the plan, I can't pretend to be a model member. But you know what? That is ok. This is the first time I've been a month into program and felt so relaxed. I'm not feeling deprived because I didn't eat pasta or a roll the other night. I'm not feeling guilty about having a second drink when I had only planned to have one. And maybe most telling of all, I'm not thinking "when I reach goal I am going to have {fill in the blank}".

No comments:
Post a Comment