Monday, July 21, 2014

7 weeks later....

Little victories and big this past week.

Last Tuesday was dinner out with my once-a-month dining buddies. We went to a bier garten because it is new to the area. Once upon a time this would have been difficult for me. I like beer but haven't had much of it for years because I often get headaches triggered by beer or wine. The limited menu was German food, all heavy sounding to me now. I had a Cobb salad that was ok but not wonderful. I had apple strudel for dessert, expecting it to be wonderful and I would bring at least half home to my husband. It wasn't and I didn't. I ate the sparse filling and left the chewy pastry. Wonderful review right? It is because I still had a pleasant evening with my friends. My focus was NOT on the food, but I don't have any interest in returning there again.

About 10 days ago I got out a pair of shorts that are a size smaller. They went on and zipped but weren't very comfortable when seated. I tried them on again yesterday and wore them all day. They still bulge a bit at the pockets when I sit, but my shirt covers that. And by the way, the shirt is a size smaller too!

Last night we were outside talking to a young couple who live down the street. The woman is a long time friend of my sons. She noticed that I looked thinner! I have already said that I don't need others to recognize this, but it is nice. No different than getting your hair cut a different way, it is nice to hear positive feedback.

The big victory was at the scales. Suzanne, my WW leader told us to stay off the scales at home. I did for 6.5 weeks. I got on a few days ago, telling myself that I wondered if the batteries still worked. They did and the reading is about what I expected. I weighed myself last night and again this morning. Why? Obviously to drive myself crazy! I weighed before leaving the house because I really was curious how different the home scale would be from WW's.

I think the house scale can go hide in a closet somewhere. I went to the meeting expecting to stay the same as last week, but I was down another 2.9 pounds for a total of 17.9 pounds!  That is more than two gallons of milk! A substitute leader told us that a gallon of liquid actually weighs 8.3 pounds. In grocery store terms, I'm not carrying two gallons of milk and 5 sticks of butter anymore!


Onward and downward!


No comments:

Post a Comment