Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day before a weigh in

I bought WW's Activelink and am still in the preliminary stages of it monitoring my usual activities. I don't know how this is going to work but it should help as I am not very active and this should be a spur to get going.

Yesterday I needed to buy milk. I bought fat free. I was prepared for this to be a sacrifice as I have drank 2% milk for years and loved it. Oddly enough, growing up I drank what was then called skim milk and never minded it. I admit that non-fat milk does look like white water but you know what? A cold glass is still very good.

Leaving the house for this errand, I noticed how baggy my khakis were. I went to store that has clothing as well as groceries (Meijer) with the hope of buying an inexpensive pair of khakis or chinos. Is there a difference? Let's just call them beige pants. All they had were stretchy pants. Not what I wanted at all.

I went to Sears, figuring this item would be a staple and easy to find. No such luck. I was about to give up for the day, not intending yesterday to be a clothes shopping expedition, when I noticed that some of the items in the Lands End department were on sale at 30% off. I don't want to spend much on clothes in these in-between stages of weight loss but I do want to have a few things that fit appropriately. I came home with both a beige and a black pair and the best part of this (besides the sale price) was that they are two sizes smaller than the pants I had on while shopping!!

The time is inevitably coming when I won't show a loss at the scale on Monday's weigh in. There may even be a gain. I know this happens, sometimes because your metabolism decides to take a vacation or maybe sodium is to blame. I'm not expecting that to be the case tomorrow, but I'm reminding myself that if and when it happens, don't freak out. I've come a long way and feel good about everything, especially those new pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment