Knowing better but still doing something counterproductive...what is that the definition of?
Often this is the case with someone trying to change their ways and improve their life. We backslide. We're human. We need to forgive ourselves but figure out why we did this.
I admit that I have eaten things and not tracked because of not knowing the points and not bothering to try to guess what they might be or look up a close proximity. That has been the exception, not the rule, and in each case of doing this the past year, I did not go overboard in quantity consumed (my arbitrary definition of overboard) and each time thought the item consumed was worth it.
So what happened this week?
It began with a sinfully delicious banana cream pudding. The quantity made for Father's Day a week ago yesterday was huge. It was the first time making the recipe so I didn't want to play around with substitutions. Even after giving away most of what remained after dinner, there was still a lot of dessert left. I had two more servings of this or was it three? The dangers of not tracking included memory loss.
It will be a long time before I make this dessert again so that isn't a threatening, ongoing problem. My issue was something from my past haunting me.
Mindless handfuls of those sneaky things were taken to my desk while working on the computer or on art projects. Ashamed of this, even while reaching for them, I did not track them. I didn't want to know how many points they were, especially after the banana cream pudding.
You know what the kicker is? The banana dessert was a rare treat and worth it, the M&Ms were not. M&Ms never are. Why did I reach for them? Because they were there? That is a lame excuse. There are other things that could get me "in trouble" both in the house and readily available at the grocery store and restaurants. Why M&Ms? I really don't have an answer but will think about it.
Why are they in the house at all? They are here for my grandson. I thought I could control myself and did a decent job of it until I moved them from a bag in the cupboard to the candy dish of my childhood. I am putting them back in a ziploc bag and getting back to tracking.
I still managed to lose .2 pounds but that isn't what I expected, hence the "whew!"
Onward, and downward with an empty candy dish


No comments:
Post a Comment